Many objects get passed on from one person to another for varied reasons. Things like furniture and jewelry even reach heirloom status. In college, books are commonly handed down to the next batch of students through second-hand book drives or online sites.
For some college students, buying and selling used college textbooks is the way to go. Here are some reasons why you should also consider it:
- Economical. The number one reason why students buy used college textbooks is that they are much cheaper compared to the new ones. In some cases, they are even easier to find since new ones quickly get out of stock.
- Earn money/Help earn money. For those moving on to higher years, selling their used textbooks can help them earn extra money to, again, buy used books appropriate for their new subjects. It becomes a cycle of helping each other out to keep the expenses at a minimum.
- Eco-friendly. Brand new items have significantly more carbon footprint compared to used ones. Buying and selling used textbooks is a way of recycling paper and other resources which helps the environment.
- Non-perishable. Textbooks usually can last up to 5 years or more, as long as the text is readable and the pages are intact. Books are perfectly okay to pass on to other people because they virtually don’t have any hygienic issues.
- Meet new people. Expanding one’s network is important in college. For some people, the buyers or sellers of their used college textbooks turn out to be somebody who they can continually contact for another sale.
- Learn faster. Margin notes and other used textbook writings may be helpful to its succeeding users. Notes and comments are usually integral in understanding difficult lessons.
Buying and selling used college textbooks is beneficial to students in many other ways. Tell us how buying and selling helped you by leaving a comment.